Magento Template Configuration/Installation Procedure
Magento templating is one of the simplest and easiest ways to change the layout and design of your web store without changing the software it is based on. With the help of Magento theme you gain more control over the look and presentation of the material and information on your web site. Due to the Magento Template design diversity it’s become very easy to keep your web store attractive and up to date.
When you start searching for a magento site template, you will come upon many web page designs as i am freelancing the magento templates offering high quality design products that can be easily customized to meet your project needs. Here you will find both Magento static templates and Magento Flash templates that correspond to the main web standards and concentrate on the customers’ core requirements both in terms of usability and information.
Let’s start the Magento template installation.
1. Open hosting control pane.
2. Get to database management tool (usually phpMyAdmin is used).
3. Create new database.
4. Import the dump.sql file from the template sources>sample data folder.
5. Run your website (the installation procedure begins).
6. Enter all required data (host name, database name, user name, and password).
7. Go through all installation steps.
8. Upload the “app” and “skin” folders from the template themeXX folder to your Magento root folder (accept the replacement).
9. Upload the media folder from the Magento template sources>sample data folder to the Magento root folder on your server.
10. Refresh the website.
Sometimes it’s required to clean the Magento cache:
- go to your_domain_name.com/index.php/admin.
- select System>Cache Management.
- In Cache Control box check all options and in All Cache dropdown select Refresh.
- Then click Save Cache Settings in the top right corner.
Open your website and refresh the page (CTRL+F5).
And now the most interesting and creative part of your web store customization.
Once you have completed the Magento installation, you can proceed with the configuration of your web site.